This position is part of the Organization of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, J5 Directorate, Strategic Plans and Policy. The incumbent will be responsible for the following: Serves as a Cyber Strategy and Policy Analyst for the Directorate for Strategic Plans and Policy (J-5), Deputy Director for Global Policy and Partnerships (DDGPP), Cyberspace Division (CPD), the Joint Staff (JS). Serves as subject matter expert to the Joint Staff for cyberspace efforts, including formulating politico-military plans and policies regarding Department of Defense (DoD) and interagency strategies for cyberspace operations. Provides administrative direction with assignments in terms of broadly defined missions or functions. Assists the Cyberspace Policy Division Chief in a wide range of activities and acts in their stead during absences. The incumbent has responsibility for planning, designing and carrying out major programs, projects, studies, or other work independently. Results of the work are considered as technically authoritative and are normally accepted without significant change.Learn more about this agency
As a Cyber Strategy and Policy Analyst at the GS-0301-14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serving as the acting Cyberspace Policy Division Chief for limited periods in the absence of the Division Chief
- Conducting analytical studies on complex cyber security and operations issues.
- Developing a vision for the Cyber Policy Division; providing strategic advice and analyses on cyberspace operations to the DJ5; Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS); Vice Chairman; Joint Chiefs of Staff (VCJCS); and Secretary of Defense
- Participating in studies and reviews of United States government (USG) and DoD policies that are needed to support combatant commander strategies, concepts, and plans
- Performing independent analyses of highly complex cyberspace-related policies, strategies, concepts, and program issues, as well as force posture alternatives
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493079700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.