This position is located in the Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs (EB), Division for International Finance and Development (IFD), Office of Development Finance (ODF). The incumbent serves as a senior Financial Economist in ODF and as a recognized expert on assigned regions. The incumbent provides authoritative analysis and advice with respect to assigned regions where development finance plays a key role.Learn more about this agency
This position is eligible for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
- Serves as a recognized expert throughout the Department and foreign affairs community in the developing economies of assigned region(s) and is responsible for analyzing relevant economic and geopolitical issues and trends in assigned region(s).
- Analyzes a variety of economic and geopolitical factors to provide authoritative advice to senior leadership.
- Analyzes proposals for capital replenishment and administrative reform of the MDBs and makes recommendations on U.S. support for the banks.
- Develops reports of economic findings and recommendations for decision makers.
- Develops original and independent analyses on highly controversial and politically sensitive U.S. positions on Multilateral Development Bank projects.
- Formulates, guides, and conducts in-depth research on major economic developments in areas of expertise and prepares analyses (e.g., economic, environmental, and social impact of specific development finance programs) intended for the use by senior-level officers in the Department, the White House, Congress, and other foreign affairs agencies.
- Serves as senior consultant and advisor to Department officials and other top foreign policy makers.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees Eligible for Promotion or Reassignment and Employees in the Agency Overseas Development Program (ODP) Exercising Reemployment Rights Only
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493014300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.