This National Guard position is for a Small Arms Repairer, Position Description Number D1226000 and is part of the NJ CSMS 1, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Small Arms Repairer, WG-6610-8, you will:
- Perform overhaul, maintenance, and repair on a variety of small arms
- Diagnose and identify mechanical deficiencies and/or malfunctions in weapons
- Disassemble weapons, assemblies, subassemblies and other components
- Examine for defects, mechanical misalignment, and malfunctions
- Replace parts and assemblies
- Modify small weapons
- Apply finishing agents and test fires and/or perform operational checks of arms
- Apply modification work orders as required
- Use hand and power tools, precision gauges, test instruments, jigs and alignment devices in making repairs, modifications, and adjustments to small arms
- Ensure the accountability, storage, and security of arms and other sensitive items
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492972900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.