This National Guard position is for a Medical Administrative Officer, Position Description Number D1718000 and is part of the NJ 108th MDG, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Medical Administrative Officer, GS-0301-12, you will:
- Direct the overall management of medical support for the Air National Guard installation to include tenant unit(s) and GSU(s)
- Provide medical management and advisory services that contribute substantially to the plans, policies, decisions, and objectives of senior management
- Direct work to be accomplished by the base medical and bioenvironmental programs, ensuring each is developed and implemented according to applicable regulations
- Analyze, evaluate, monitor and report Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) for Wing, tenant unit(s) and GSU personnel
- Direct, plan, develop, publish, and implement policies and procedures within the established controls of higher command echelons
- Ensure the Medical Group is organized, trained and equipped for any state or federal contingency to include global contingency deployment
- Serve as the installation subject matter expert and problem solver for medical and dental health benefits
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492963800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.