As a Protocol Liaison Officer you will establish and implement Office of the Secretary policies regarding all social and representation roles of the Secretary, Deputy Secretary, Chief of Staff, as well as the other senior leaders in the Department of Veterans Affairs. Events include official and unofficial visits of international dignitaries to the United States, as well as planning/executing social and ceremonial events for participation of foreign dignitaries and senior US government officials ranging from the President to members of Congress to military leaders.Learn more about this agency
- Provide protocol assistance to senior leadership for preparation of events
- Communicate outcome of events to senior leadership for future reference
- Coordinate leadership travel arrangements to conferences
- Plan the itinerary for senior leadership social functions
- Delegate protocol functions to subordinate agencies to prepare for visits
- Create programs for senior leadership ceremonies
- Escort senior leadership to meetings with dignitaries
- Draft protocol policy changes for review by senior leadership
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492960000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.