This is a National Guard Title 5 Excepted Service positionLearn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a Contract Specialist, Position Description Number T5201P01 and is part of the United States Property and Fiscal Office - Purchasing and Contracting Division, New Jersey Army National Guard.
As a Contract Specialist, GS-1102-12, you will:
- Exercise supervisory personnel management and contracting responsibilities
- Ensure timely submission of technical progress reports and performance metrics
- Execute post-award contract performance management actions on assigned contracts
- Resolve problems that limit competition and modifies clauses that discourage potential offers
- Analyze price and cost elements of the proposed change(s) and obtain audits when required
- Monitor and evaluate contractor performance for compliance with terms and conditions of contracts
- Advise and provide counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management
- Plans the overall approach to meet contracting program objectives for procuring a wide variety of requirements
- Select appropriate contracting approaches, techniques, and procedures to solve a variety of acquisition problems
- Prepare final contract to include appropriate standard clauses and special provisions, final pricing and payment terms, and incentives
- Initiate, establish, maintain and complete contract file documentation using electronic business systems including PD2 and VCE modules
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492912700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.