Salary NOTE: New employees to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
GS-07: $44,986 (Step 01) to $58,480 (Step 10)
GS-09: $55,027 (Step 01) to $71,537 (Step 10)
GS-11: $66,577 (Step 01) to $86,553 (Step 10)
GS-07: $41,365 (Step 01) to $53,773 (Step 10)
GS-09: $50,598 (Step 01) to $65,778 (Step 10)
GS-11: $61,218 (Step 01) to $79,586 (Step 10)
In order to be eligible for an appointment under the Pathways Recent Graduate Program you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a recent graduate who has completed, within the previous two years, an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution such as an accredited technical or vocational school; a 2- or 4-year college or university; a graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or a post-secondary home school curriculum. Note: Certificate program is defined as post-secondary education in a qualifying educational institution equal to at least one academic year of full-time study that’s part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum; OR
- You must be currently enrolled in a qualifying degree program as described above AND expect to complete your degree requirements no later than May 2018. If you do not complete your degree requirements by May 2018 you will be ineligible for consideration under this program.
- Veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their 2-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty; however, eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed 6 years from the date on which the degree or certificate was obtained. The date of release or discharge from active duty should be later than the date the degree or certificate was obtained.
As a Cartographer with the USGS National Geospatial Technical Operations Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Integrating hydrographic data with high resolution elevation information created as part of the 3D Elevation Program (3DEP) to enable modeling of phenomena such as flood events, drought, contaminant transport, and many other applications.
- Analyzing software and database systems and developing recommendations as appropriate for technical modifications.
- Analyzing geospatial products with the object of improving consistency between products and delivery mechanisms in different data themes.
- Estimating the costs associated with new product development, including contracting for data acquisition.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel up to 1 night per month may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified U.S. Citizens that meet the eligibility requirements for the Pathways Recent Graduates Program as described under "Eligibility Requirements."
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492807800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.