Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.Learn more about this agency
Organizational Location: This position is located with the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security Investigations, in Washington, D.C.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
As a Supervisory Criminal Investigator (Section Chief) you will perform the following duties:
- Performs the administrative and human resource management functions relative to the staff supervised. Establishes guidelines and performance expectations for staff members, and clearly communicates through the formal employee performance management system;
- Observes workers' performance and conducts work performance critiques, providing informal feedback and periodically formally evaluates employee performance;
- Plans and develops national and special investigative programs, making recommendations for the introduction of new programs, conduct of pilot programs, and acceleration of existing programs;
- Determines whether nationwide policies, standards, and procedures have been met and furnishes advice and assistance on operational problems.
- Coordinates the investigative activities of the various agency offices and resolves questions of jurisdiction; and
- Confers with appropriate officials of other Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, to provide efficient reciprocity of services; cooperates with officials in the resolution of problems that cross organizational and jurisdictional lines.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel occasionally to perform your duties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492710100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.