This position is located in VA Black Hills Health Care System in Hot Springs, SD. The WG-02 Food Service Workers perform tasks with several steps or a sequence of tasks that require attention to work operation. They follow set procedures in accomplishing repetitive assignments and follow an established sequence of work.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Multiple schedules available with with rotating shifts including weekends and holidays
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
- Set up cafeteria lines and steam tables with hot and cold food.
- Serve food cafeteria style by placing uniform portions of food on customer?s/patient tray/plate.
- Perform heavy-duty cleaning tasks throughout the food service.
- Deliver trays to patients/customers on the ward.
- Apportion food items (i.e. gelatins, juices, and desserts) into standard serving sizes using proper utensils and containers.
- Set up and operate a mechanical dishwasher types will vary but could be; flight and continuous belt feeding machine.
- Move heavy garbage cans when collecting and transferring trash from the work area.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492609300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.