Basic Function:Learn more about this agency
The Project Manager leads the successful planning, management, and delivery of multiple information technology projects. The Project Manager ensures the projects are completed within scope, quality, time, and cost requirements and deliver business value. The position reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- Analyzes project proposals to determine the time frame, funding limitations, and appropriate methodology for accomplishing projects.
- Utilizes sound change management practices and procedures to develop and deliver project materials to facilitate understanding, adoption, and use.
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
- Makes project assignments to project personnel and provides guidance and targeted direction to throughout the project life cycles.
- With input from project staff and the CIO, establishes work plans for project activities, iterations, or phases, and arranges for assignment of project personnel.
- Develops and implements project communication plans to keep affected parties apprised of process, actions, and timelines.
- Performs project risk assessments and develops and implements mitigation plans.
- Monitors project activities, ensuring the timeliness, quality, and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and "look and feel" across the enterprise.
- Ensures that project goals are in line with business objectives and are accomplished.
- Coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within scope and budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules and plans as necessary.
- Keeps management and staff apprised of project progress.
- Measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and metrics.
- Establishes standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
Salary range: $94,203-$105,739
LSC has a competitive market-based salary structure that establishes a specific salary range for this position. The salary range has eight pay levels separated by seven steps. A new employee will be hired at Step 1 and must wait two years to advance to each of the next three steps (Steps 2 through 4), and one year to advance to each of the next four steps (Steps 5 through 8).
Excellent benefits package.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492559800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.