Incumbent performs administrative support tasks to contribute to and ensure the efficient operation of the Sergeant at Arms Division of Police Services/Law Enforcement. Incumbent will develop and maintain a general working knowledge of the Division and a broad understanding of the Office of the Sergeant at Arms.Learn more about this agency
1. Provides staff support and administrative assistance to the division.
2. Performs reception and customer service activities to include scheduling meetings and appointments; answering and routing phone calls; sorting and distributing mail; responding to general inquiries regarding division programs, policies and procedures.
3. Collects and tabulates data for special events and projects.
4. Reports on progress of division activities and projects and provides regular updates to Assistant Sergeant at Arms and Deputy Assistant Sergeants at Arms
5. Works with other Divisions within the Sergeant at Arms organization and with the United States Capitol Police (USCP) to ensure project objectives are achieved within established timeframes.
6. Assists with the formulation and communication of positions on security issues for the Sergeant at Arms.
7. Coordinates multiple police and law enforcement functions between the Sergeant at Arms and USCP to include demonstrations, dignitary visits, threat assessments and physical security assessments.
8. Monitors official Congressional delegation travel and obtains and evaluates intelligence assessments regarding Member travel.
Occasional travel - This position my require occasional travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Veterans meeting ALL the following requirements:
- Honorably discharged;
- Released from active duty within the last five years;
- Pay grades at or below E-5 or O-3;
- 20% or greater service connected disability rating; and
- Purple Heart recipients are exempt from the service connected disability rating requirement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492530100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.