This position is located in the Office of Food Additive Safety (OFAS) in the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN). OFAS manages industry submissions such as petitions for food and color additives, food contact notifications, Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) notices, or biotechnology notifications. In this capacity, OFAS evaluates safety information, considers the environmental impact of agency actions under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), prepares Federal Register documents relating to petitions, and compiles the administrative record for food substances. The duty location for this position is College Park, Maryland.Learn more about this agency
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- The incumbent will serve as a scientific expert for OFAS with the following responsibilities:
- Perform extensive review of sponsor's submission to recommend a regulatory course of action with minimal supervisory controls.
- Perform expert scientific analyses of complex results from chemistry, and pharmacological testing of food substances and derives scientific conclusions relating the scientific analyses to the safety evaluation of food substances.
- Perform review and evaluation of regulated substances to update data reviews and conclusions based upon new data, new issues, or new manufacturing technology.
- Provide scientific guidance and mentoring in area of expertise to other scientific colleagues in the Office in the form of training workshops or seminars.
- Review industry submissions such as petitions for food and color additives, food contact notifications, GRAS notices and biotechnology notifications.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492510700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.