The Chief of Anesthesiology is responsible for providing the most effective delivery of anesthetic care throughout the medical center in compliance with Veterans Affairs and Veterans Health Administration Directives and Joint Commission accreditation standards.Learn more about this agency
Duties of the Chief of Anesthesiology serving as a supervisory anesthesiologist with mastery of, and skill in applying, expertise in advanced anesthesia patient care services, theories, concepts, principles, methods, etc. include but are not limited to:Developing policies and guidelines relating to anesthesia providers and administration of anesthesia;
- Endorsing clinical privileges for anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists;
- Ensuring that anesthesia providers act as consultants in the management of problems in acute and chronic respiratory diseases;
- Establishing continued evaluations programs for anesthesia providers;
- Participating in medical center wide continued education programs;
- Plaining procedural anesthesia trainings for medical students, medical residents, dental residents, respiratory therapists, and paramedic students; and
- Recommending to administration and medical staff the type and amount of equipment that is needed for administering anesthesia and analgesia services.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492495600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.