This National Guard position is for a Surface Maintenance Mechanic, Position Description Number D1194000 and is part of the NJ CSMS B, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
PRE-PLACEMENT PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: A pre-placement physical will be required for anyone selected for this position. Placement into the position will not be made until results are received.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Surface Maintenance Mechanic, WG-5801-10, you will:
- Remove and disassemble engines
- Conduct readiness and inspections on vehicles
- Maintenance of production reports and recommendations
- Troubleshoot equipment and diagnose the cause of mechanical failures
- Independently perform repairs and maintenance functions in remote locations
- Troubleshoot, perform maintenance, and major repairs on heavy-duty mobile equipment
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492470700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.