About the Position:Learn more about this agency
A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
Multiple vacancies exist and may be filled from this announcement at any of the locations listed. Applications will be reviewed and referred to the selecting officials until each position is filled.
Permanent, term, part-time, intermittent or temporary positions may be filled from this solicitation.
Term positions: A term position is time-limited and may be extended to a maximum of six years.
Temporary Positions: A temporary position is time limited and may be extended in one year increments to a maximum of three years and may be terminated at any time during the duration of the appointment.
Intermittent Positions: This position does not provide guaranteed work hours each week, and work will be assigned on an intermittent "as needed basis." This position will NOT lead to a full-time position. Intermittent employees are NOT eligible for benefits (Health and Life Insurance) (Annual and Sick Leave).
Positions listed with multiple grades may be filled at any grade level and may or may not have promotion potential.
Federal employees in Hawaii are currently entitled to receive a 10.99% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to change.
Federal employees in Alaska are currently entitled to receive a 3.74% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to change.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- Examine patients, order and evaluate the full range of radiology and laboratory tests.
- Refer to appropriate specialty clinic only when required for evaluation and/or treatment.
- Perform as an academic Geriatrician, required to manage, supervise and teach residents and interns while administering the standard of care in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Review physical requirements and conduct physical examination of various categories of military and civilian personnel.
- Utilize special knowledge of the aging process and special skills in the diagnostic, therapeutic, preventive and rehabilitative aspects of illness in the elderly.
Occasional travel - Business Travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492454600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.