Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The U.S. Army Research Laboratory (ARL) is participating in an alternative personnel system known as the Laboratory Personnel Demonstration Project (DEMO). Among other features, the Demonstration Project replaced GS grade levels with occupational families and pay bands. The pay band DB-04 is equal to the former GS-14 step 01 through GS-15 step 10.
This is an Interdisciplinary position and may be filled with any job series listed.
This is a Temporary Promotion/Reassignment Not To Exceed 5 years. This position may be made permanent without further competition, OR, when the Temporary Promotion is terminated, the employee will be returned to the position from which he or she was temporarily promoted; or, with his or her consent, to an equivalent position.
White Sands Missile Range is located in the Tularosa Basin of south-central New Mexico. The headquarters area is 20 miles east of Las Cruces, New Mexico, and 45 miles north of El Paso, Texas. The range boundaries extend almost 100 miles north to south by 40 miles east to west. At almost 3,200 square miles the range is the largest military installation in the country.
The Research Laboratory is recognized as a frontier for Army research programs with substantial effect on national defense issues and new technology areas. To learn more about the Army Research Laboratory you can check their website at http://www.arl.army.mil.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- You will serve as a Branch Chief in the Cyber and Electromagnetic Vulnerability Analysis and Assessment Division, Survivability Lethality Analysis Directorate of the US Army Research Laboratory at White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico. You will be responsible for managing and leading branch personnel, technical work, and administrative responsibilities. You will identify technological challenges and develop, advocate, obtain funding, and manage a research and exploratory development program that solves near, mid, and far term problems. Your branch will conduct basic and applied research in emerging electronic warfare survivability/vulnerability and cyber security analysis applicable to major aspects of key Army research and development programs that has substantial effect on national defense issues and new technology areas. As Branch Chief, the incumbent will be responsible for the technical execution of both customer and mission research effort. The incumbent will be responsible for personnel safety and security.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492438500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.