THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at TX 149th Fighter Wing and is located in San Antonio, Kelly AFB, Texas. The purpose of this position is to certify acceptable performance, test, repair, trouble-shoot, operationally check and modify aircraft turbine and auxiliary power units, and associated propulsion system components.
As a AIRCRAFT ENGINE MECHANIC (Title 32) with the Texas Air National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Troubleshoots malfunctioning engines and interrelated propulsion system components, determines degree of disassembly or certification required, repairs or replaces defective components, diagnostic computers and associated hardware.
- Troubleshoots, modifies, repairs, and performs sequential disassembly and assembly of gearboxes and auxiliary power units.
- Performs scheduled and special evaluations on installed engines, auxiliary power units, and associated airframe-mounted systems.
- Performs command directed and locally established in-progress inspections (IPI) (certifying acceptable performance of all conventional or modified aircraft engines prior to their being installed in the aircraft or placed in inventory) of propulsion system components and associated equipment to determine adequacy of workmanship, materials and maintenance.
- Requisitions, processes, and accounts for supply assets as required by the repairable processing system.
- Provides technical advice and troubleshooting expertise to other work centers when propulsion systems affect or are affected by interrelated aircraft systems, such as: electroenvironmental, pneudraulic, fuel and avionics systems.
- Provides on-the-job training to lower graded personnel or newly assigned personnel regardless of grade.
- Examines recurring malfunctions and initiates corrective actions by submission of quality deficiency or software deficiency reports.
- Serves as the hazardous materials manager as required.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as Operational Readiness Inspections (ORI), Inspector General (IG) Inspections, Unit Effectiveness Inspections and mobility and command support exercises.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Full description of the PD can be located at the link below:
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492423000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.