This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 18-HUD-171. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Community Planning and Development (CPD), Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPs). CPD seeks to develop viable communities by promoting integrated approaches that provide decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expand economic opportunities for low and moderate-income persons. The primary means toward this end is the development of partnerships among all levels of government and the private sector, including for-profit and non-profit organizations. The Office of Special Needs Assistance assists with programs to address the needs of the homeless.
ResponsibilitiesThe following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Develop policy recommendations for Special Needs (Homeless) Assistance Program; develop for issuance regulations, handbooks, notices or memoranda to promulgate policy.
- Researche and conduct analyses of the causes of homelessness, and the relationship of national welfare policy and poverty programs to homelessness and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Solicit input from grantees, applicants, providers and all levels of government to develop policy recommendations responsive to resolution of the homelessness problem.
- Identify technical assistance needs of grantees and providers and then develop and prepare for promulgation such assistance.
- Review policy from other offices in HUD or other Federal agencies that affect the homeless and make appropriate recommendations.
Occasional travel - 1 - 5 nights per month
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens or U.S. Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492405700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.