This National Guard position is for a Flight Operations Specialist, Position Description Number D0671000 and is part of the NJ AASF 1, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Flight Operations Specialist, GS-2102-8, you will:
- Brief pilots on mission, aircraft and flight plan
- Assure pilot and crew are qualified
- Complete risk analysis projection
- Sign briefing documents
- Conduct post mission debriefs
- Provides flight following services
- Conduct direct voice communication with aviators
- Process, clear and transmit flight plans
- Initiate search and rescue for overdue aircraft and implement the crash rescue plan
- Prepare, maintain and file records, charts, graphs, and reports
- Compile and summarize reports for analysis
- Maintain and account for aircrew training records, medical recommendations, aeronautical orders, physiological training, and aviation service data
- Maintain arrival and dispatch records
- Schedule and dispatch assigned aircraft and aircrews
- Serve as the Synthetic Flight Training System (SFTS) coordinator
- Maintain current file of aircraft flying regulations
- Supervise on-the-job training of unit flight operations personnel
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492385500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.