You will serve as the Science & Technology (S&T) Director on the Naval Scientist Technical Exchange Program (NSTEP) Detail to Headquarters Marine Corps, Deputy Commandant for Aviation of NAVAIRWARCENWPNDIV CHINA LAKE.Learn more about this agency
Selectee shall remain assigned to current NAWCWD organizational code while in rotation.
Selectee shall confer and seek approval with their supervisory chain (L4 - L1) prior to submitting an application.
- You will be responsible for program development and/or oversight of a major NAVAIR level or Component/Command level program (or programs) relating to research, development, testing, evaluation, innovation, and reengineering.
- You will advise and consult with the Deputy Commandant for Aviation (DC/A) on integrating innovative enabling capabilities into Marine aviation current and future programs of record.
- You will serve as the authority on emerging technologies that affect the future readiness of Marine aviation aircraft, weapons, logistics, sustainment and enabler programs.
- You will be responsible for identifying future requirements and leveraging DoD, federal, industry, and academic technology investments to transition innovative capabilities into Marine aviation programs.
- You will be responsible for analyzing Marine and Navy aviation acquisition programs to assess the technical readiness level and impact of incorporating new capability into aviation platforms and systems.
- You will foster creativity and innovation, external awareness, flexibility, resilience, strategic thinking, and long-range vision.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492353000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.