About the Position: This is an Interdisciplinary position with the Directorate of Public Works, Environmental Division. This position may be filled as an Environmental Engineer, Environmental Scientist, Physical Scientist, or Chemist.Learn more about this agency
- Conducts environmental compliance inspections of Fort Rucker organizations and activities to ensure compliance with all State, Federal and Army regulations.
- Responsible for the environmental review of all engineering designs for Fort Rucker, whether prepared by the Directorate of Public Works, Mobile District Corps of Engineers or Architectural and Engineering contractor.
- Manages the installation Hazardous Waste program IAW the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- Provides training and guidance on the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) environmental review process and proponent responsibilities.
- Utilizes knowledge of the "scientific method" to plan and execute research projects, analyze results, and prepare research papers for publication or command decisions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492348300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.