About the Position: You will serve as an Area Engineer responsible for directing the activities for field and office engineering functions for the North Regional Area Office including Redstone Arsenal, Arnold Air Force Base, Columbus Air Force Base and the (Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC).Learn more about this agency
- Organize, supervise, and direct the engineering functions for the construction of facilities at major installations supporting the US Armed Forces, Reserve components, Federal Agencies, and State and local governments.
- Participate in design and planning review conferences with designers or A-Es and construction contractors, or other interested parties, to discuss construction aspects and problems.
- Review project specifications prior to contract advertisement to determine such things as practicability from construction standpoint or whether physical obstructions have been anticipated, and whether materials selected are readily available.
- Conduct pre-bid conferences to discuss construction features, and inform contractors of requirements concerning construction scheduling, progress reporting1 safety measures, wage and hour law observance, labor relations, and payroll records.
- Exercise overall coordination of construction planning and scheduling with contractors and representatives of the Using Agencies involved with new construction and modifications to existing structures change orders, time extensions and claims.
- Observe and investigate construction at all stages to identify major problems, and takes timely corrective action.
- Keep office personnel, contractors and division personnel informed on project operations.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492311100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.