About the Position: Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program. Click here or more information on Pathways program participation.
As an intern, you will be assigned to a senior natural resource specialist or group of park rangers. You will be assigned tasks designed to familiarize you with different aspects of the occupation. Tasks will vary depending on the senior specialist's current workload, but may include the following:
- Collect fees from visitors.
- Record visitation numbers of visitors at campsites and/or recreational events.
- Take reservations at campsites and/or recreational areas.Provide information to visitors in a clear, understandable manner.
- Post announcements to inform public about recreation opportunities, services, special events, or programs.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of information.
- Perform minor maintenance (such as: spreading wood chips, trimming brush, putting up signs, cleaning equipment, picking up debris and litter in recreation areas, nature areas, etc.) under specific direction.
- Assist Park Rangers with activities by performing several related tasks in sequence dictated by the project/program.
- Pathways Internship positions provide for development and training. Assignments become more responsible as incumbent increases knowledge and skills through work experience and academic training. At the full-performance level, you will be expected to:
- Advise visitors concerning safety, fire prevention, and proper use of recreations facilities.
- Develop and conduct interpretive talks and guided tour programs.
- Participate in the development of various planning documents, including Master Plans and Operational Management Plans (OMP), for management of the project's man-made and natural resources.
- Assist with the coordination of short-range planning and execution of all activities related to recreation and park administration.
- Participate in conservation, preservation, restoration and use of project natural and cultural resources.
- Prescribe and implement resource management actions that promote biodiversity and native species re-establishment.
- Progression from the entry-level to the full performance level for this occupation will depend on successful completion of all requirements for promotion.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492276500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.