About the Position:Learn more about this agency
A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
Multiple vacancies exist and may be filled from this announcement at any of the locations listed. Applications will be reviewed and referred to the selecting officials until each position is filled.
Permanent, term, part-time, intermittent or temporary positions may be filled from this solicitation.
Term positions: A term position is time-limited and may be extended to a maximum of six years.
Temporary Positions: A temporary position is time limited and may be extended in one year increments to a maximum of three years and may be terminated at any time during the duration of the appointment.
Intermittent Positions: This position does not provide guaranteed work hours each week, and work will be assigned on an intermittent "as needed basis." This position will NOT lead to a full-time position. Intermittent employees are NOT eligible for benefits (Health and Life Insurance) (Annual and Sick Leave).
Supervisory and non-supervisory positions may be filled from this solicitation.
Positions listed with multiple grades may be filled at any grade level and may or may not have promotion potential.
COLA Statement: Federal employees in Hawaii are currently entitled to receive a 10.99% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to change.
COLA Statement: Federal employees in Alaska are currently entitled to receive a 3.74% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to change.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats or prescribes course of treatment for patients having disorders, malformations, diseases, and/or injuries.
- Performs surgical procedures, colonoscopies, and esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Maintains operative skills in common surgical procedures in general surgery (such as hernias, laparoscopic, chole-cystectomy, colon resection, breast, etc.)
- Provide follow-up for patients who have undergone surgery and provide assessment and counseling for patients who develop a problem related to a surgery.
- Supervisory positions will be responsible for establishing and recommending on-the-job training, career development, and professional enrichment programs as appropriate.
- Supervisory positions will evaluate work performance of subordinates.
- Supervisory positions will interview candidates for subordinate positions; recommend hiring, promotion, or reassignments.
Occasional travel - Business Travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492266300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.