About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Boasting a comfortable climate a great location, historical charm and a variety of resources, the Wilmington area is one of the best places to live in the nation. Wilmington, North Carolina is a coastal town with a population of over 150,000 located between the Cape Fear River and the Atlantic Ocean. Beautiful ocean beaches are located minutes away. Wilmington is a university town and major center for performing arts and entertainment, and is home to varied industries from small independent businesses to major international companies. Housing availability is very good. We have a beautiful natural setting with mild winters, abundant beaches, water activities, golf courses and other amenities, which can be enjoyed by outdoor enthusiasts during all four seasons. The district offers flexi-time work schedules with credit hour option.
- Manages the efficient and effective coordination and accomplishment of the planning, scoping, development, design, construction, and direction of projects, tasks, and work within a command program.
- Applies an extensive knowledge of management concepts, principles, methods and practices as well as knowledge of methods, practices and processes associated with engineering and science disciplines.
- Requires a broad technical background and experience in various functions; a full and in-depth understanding of the Corps of Engineers procedures and processes involving authorization and appropriation; and a strong management background.
- Control and manage assigned projects, tasks, and work within a command program's budgets and schedules
- Serve as the district's primary point of contact for sponsor/customers and other external agencies on assigned projects.
25% or less - This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 25% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492224600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.