About the Position:
This position serves as a Computer Scientist in the Communication Command, Software Engineering Center, Sensors and Mission Division applying of scientific knowledge directed toward the creation of new or substantially improved equipment, materials, instrumentation, devices, systems, mathematical models, processes, techniques, and procedures, which will perform a useful function or be suitable for a variety of duties.
Telework Eligibility Statement: This position may be eligible for situational TELEWORK only, including emergency and OPM prescribed unscheduled Telework. Supervisor approval will be required on a case-by-case basis.
Term appointment may be extended up to a maximum of six years.
An individual selected for this position under a Term appointment may be eligible for conversion to career conditional appointment at a later date provided the following conditions have been met:
- Incumbent was selected for the term position under competitive procedures,
- Incumbent has served two years of continuous service in the term position; and
- Conversion to a permanent position is in the same broadband level and occupational family as the modified term position.
Who May Apply: U.S. CitizensLearn more about this agency
- Apply theoretical foundations of computer science, architecture, and software organizations to manipulate, transform, or present information by means of computer systems.
- Support acquisition programs for purpose of ensuring compliance and sustainability.
- Model application and development sensor characterization using a broad category of imaging sensor systems from long wave IR in the reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition (RSTA), biometrics, and force protection functional areas.
- Develop and provide policy in regard to Information Area to ensure customers receive prompt support to meet mandated requirements.
- Perception study experimental design, sensor testing and characterization, data analysis review and reporting, perception test management and execution.
25% or less - TDY may be up to 25%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492180700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.