This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-5 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-14 and GS-15.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as the Lead Combat System Engineer for the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS), Mission Modules, and other related systems and programs in the Systems Engineering and Test & Evaluation Division of the Naval Surface Warfare Center Port Hueneme Division.
This is an interdisciplinary position and may be filled by a Mechanical Engineer (0830-series), a Computer Engineer (0854-series), or an Electronics Engineer (0855-series).
- You will provide technical direction and coordination in support of combat systems tasking during all phases of the acquisition cycle.
- You will provide leadership and technical expertise for total systems deployment, life cycle sustainment, integration and test and evaluation in support of major warfare systems.
- You will provide oversight and direction on technical reviews such as preliminary design reviews, critical design reviews, and program reviews.
- You will develop and review system requirements, participate in system integration and validation, and influence in-service updates.
- You will independently plan, manage, and lead large and complex projects involving leadership of diverse technical teams of professional engineers, senior level managers, and program managers.
- You will solve complex engineering problems and lead in the conduct of engineering investigations and studies.
- You will strategically map and plan resource requirements to current and future technical competency requirements.
- You will mentor engineering professionals in the Division.
- You will provide oversight and direction on training qualification standards for the Division engineers and technicians.
- You will develop and maintain professional relationships with key customers and stakeholders in core business lines.
50% or less - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492178200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.