This position is located in one of the organizational elements of the Contracts and Strategic Sourcing (NSS) organization, Supply Chain Services (NS), Chief Administrative Office (N), Bonneville Power Administration (BPA). Contracts and Strategic Sourcing is responsible for acquiring all of Bonneville Power Administration’s (BPA) materials and services to support BPA objectives. While these contracts fulfill the continuing and essential needs of BPA, this type of contracting arrangement presents unique situations that require special diligence on the part of BPA employees to ensure that applicable statutes, regulations, and management practices are followed. The NSS organization is responsible to ensure the scope of each procurement is clearly understood, presents no ambiguity to potential vendors, and is properly executed to meet BPA objectives. These objectives revolve around obtaining best valued procurements derived from an evaluation of technical factors, quality, safety, cost, schedule, and other objectives of BPA operating functions. NSS controls through finite, professional boundaries, the possibility of corruption or unethical practices while developing BPA requirements in a timely manner. NSS is responsible for fully integrating strategic sourcing into all spend categories including the monitoring of critical issues which affect BPA’s purchasing, contracting, and inventory performance; managing the Supplier Diversity program; and acting as a central point of coordination for projects, inventory, contracts, and material procurements.Learn more about this agency
A successful candidate in this position will serve as one of several contract specialists responsible for the full range of contract administration for preaward and postaward functions, including price/cost analysis, negotiation, and administration for services, materials, equipment and/or construction within a major spend category, organizational component, or in a geographical area associated with operating and maintaining a high-voltage electric utility industry.
As a Contract Specialist, you will:
- Serve as one of several contract specialists responsible for the full range of contract administration for preaward and postaward functions, including price/cost analysis, negotiation, and administration for services, materials, equipment and/or construction within a major spend category, organizational component, or in a geographical area associated with operating and maintaining a high-voltage electric utility industry.
- Maintain a variety of contracts which frequently require special handling provisions or other specialized terms and conditions.
- Provide guidance to technical personnel involved in the development of the statement of work or data requirements.
- In negotiated procurements, plan the procurement action with technical, legal, and contract pricing personnel.
- Monitor contractor performance in relation to the completion schedule required by the contract.
- Negotiate settlements for such changes, participate in projects or assignments related to construction, commodities, services, etc. as required in postaward functions.
Occasional travel - May require occasional travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Internal Employees: Current Bonneville Power Administration staff with competitive status may apply.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492175800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.