About the Position: These positions are located at Army Contracting Command - Rock Island (ACC-RI).Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Army Contracting Command was established on March 14, 2008. The mission of the Army Contracting Command is to oversee more than $85 billion in contracts annually and focus on maintaining and improving the Army's ability to respond globally in support of the warfighter's needs.
The Rock Island Arsenal is a major Army installation located in the heartland of America on an historic island in the Mississippi River between Iowa and Illinois. The area is known as the Quad Cities-Davenport and Bettendorf in Iowa and Moline/East Moline and Rock Island in Illinois. We are approximately 160 miles west of Chicago and 180 miles east of Des Moines, Iowa.
This position will be filled on a permanent basis.
- As a Contract Specialist, you will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as a Procuring Contracting Officer for the Army Contracting Command ? Rock Island.
- Responsibilities cover the full range of complex pre-award and post-award supply,
- service and construction contracting functions including acquisition strategy, acquisition planning, procurement package input and validation, solicitation, negotiation, contract award, administration, and closeout/termination.
- Review and approve the cost price analysis and makes the final determination of price reasonableness.
- Serve as a team leader responsible for the overall efficiency of a procurement team organized along functional lines.
25% or less - Business travel is approximately 25 percent.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492168300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.