This National Guard position is for a TRAFFIC MANAGER, Position Description Number NGD1481000 and is part of the TX 149th Fighter Wing, National Guard.
This position is located at 149FW, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX. The purpose of this position is to procure transportation for freight and passengers on behalf of the government. Manages all functions of the branch, which includes directing the traffic management program, providing technical traffic management advisory services, establishing operating requirements, formulating traffic management policies, and developing traffic management programs for both peacetime and wartime.
TEXAS AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: In-State Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, Indefinite, or temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities Learn more about this agency
As a TRAFFIC MANAGER, GS-2130-9:
- Incumbent serves as the technical transportation advisor to the Director of Logistics and other base operating officials on all matters directly dealing with the military and commercial movement of personnel and equipment.
- Ensures the traffic management and transportation services required to support the mission are accomplished; such as services incident to receipt, processing, and dispatch of commodity and passenger traffic, to include demurrage charges, drayage and other accessorial services not directly related to line-haul movements.
- Inspects or provides for the inspection of commercial carrier terminals to locate and expedite the delivery of astray government shipments.
- Administers the procurement of military and civilian passenger travel, both domestic and international.
- Manages and ensures execution of the Reusable Container Program and the 463L Pallet and Net Program.
- Exercises supervision over subordinate employees. Implements provisions of personnel management, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) program, merit promotion, career development, performance appraisals, counseling service, incentive awards and position management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Full description of the PD can be located at the link below:
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492159200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.