WHAT DOES A ECONOMIST DO? As an Economist, you will use advanced economic and subject matter knowledge; and skills in the execution of your duties and responsibilities. In this position, you will work with economic problems, the integration of the assigned study into the major research problems, and the planning and execution of sequential work steps.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER DIVISION: The IRS Chief Financial Officer (CFO) organization is responsible for the custodial accounting of over $3.3 trillion in taxpayer payments, as well as for managing the IRS' $10+ Billion annual operating budget. In addition, the CFO advises the IRS Commissioner and other top executives on issues dealing with financial management, financial systems, strategic planning, performance management, budget formulation, budget execution, and internal controls.
(1)Position is located in Department of ACFO for Custodial Financial Management (Revenue Oversight & Support) POD 77 K Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002 (DC0198).
As a Economist you will:
- Assume technical responsibility for various phases of initiation, formulation, planning, and execution of major projects.
- Assist in determining the objectives of research projects and the methodology to be used.
- Develop specifications for research studies by presenting analytical material.
- Perform research to locate new sources of data, analyze pertinent information and draw conclusions.
- Play an essential role in error resolution of more complex statistical studies.
- Assume responsibility for the effective use of resources within assigned subject matter projects.
- Produce tables and graphical materials using standard computer software packages.
- Keep abreast of economic, statistical and tax literature for data and research methodology.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - Travel 1-5 nights per month
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current IRS Internal/Agency Employees
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492132200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.