***Relocation (PCS) is not authorized for this vacancy; however, relocation/recruitment incentive may be paid in accordance with federal regulations and in consideration of budget availability for a highly qualified candidate; determined upon selection***Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Employee and Labor Relations (NHE) organization of BPA Human Resources Service Center (NH), Chief Administrative Officer (N), Bonneville Power Administration (BPA). The BPA Human Resources Service Center plans, directs and manages a comprehensive human capital management strategy and program aligned to meet BPA mission and objectives. The function provides oversight on all HR programs. This organization is responsible for producing BPA’s talent management strategy and developing, communicating, and coordinating HR policies and initiatives. It manages the development and evaluation of HCM programs to ensure compliance and operational excellence.
A successful candidate in this position will serve as the team leader of the Employee Relations Team and to provide a variety of human resources management (HRM) services and consultation in the areas of employee relations to support the strategic goals and objectives and produce the results that accomplish the BPA mission.
As Lead Human Resources Specialist (Employee Relations), you will:
- Serve as team leader of the Employee Relations Team, responsible to the supervisor for assuring the work of the team is carried out and is accountable for outcomes and results, e.g., timely delivery of quality work products and services produced by the team.
- Perform a range of coordinating and supportive tasks, utilizing a variety of coordinating, coaching, facilitating, consensus-building and planning techniques.
- Ensure the strategic plan, mission, vision and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team’s strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work products and services.
- Communicate to the team and individuals the assignments, projects, problems to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or issues under review and deadlines and time frames for completion, based on supervisor’s instructions.
- Lead the team in identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among team members in accordance with established workflow, skill level and/or occupational specialization.
- Make adjustments to accomplish the workload in accordance with established priorities to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned team tasks, and ensures each employee has an integral role in developing the final team product.
- Personally provides advice and assistance to employees and managers, program administration, research, and case management in matters related to conduct, performance, attendance, and dispute resolution and on such topics as reasonable accommodation the Drug and Alcohol Program, and suitability.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal employees with competitive status; Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; CTAP/ICTAP eligibles; Veterans with VOW, VEOA, or 30% disability; Military Spouses; Individuals with Disabilities Schedule A; Peace Corps, Vista (AmeriCorps) eligibles; Those eligible under an OPM interchange agreement or other special appointing authority.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492127900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.