As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8a - 4:30p
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist/00104A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- Provides position classification and management, recruitment and placement, employee development and employee/labor relations services.
- Provides overall advice and assistance to management and employees in major human resource management functional areas.
- Advises managers of regulatory considerations, available alternatives, possible effects of various alternative decisions, and recommends actions/solutions.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and classifies positions against Office of Personnel Management position classification standards and agency classification guidance.
- Ensures that pay entitlement and work schedules are set in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Determines applicants eligibility for appointment, promotion, etc.
- Interprets and applies regulations pertinent to recruitment and placement.
- Develops vacancy announcements using the USA Staffing automated staffing system.
- Makes qualification determinations in accordance with OPM's standards and prepares referral certificates.
- Technically directs a Human Resources Assistant who assists in the accomplishment of work for the assigned Regional Office
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492102800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.