About the Position: Positions will be filled under the Direct Hiring Authority under the Department of Defense for Recent Graduates. This is an interdisciplinary positin for the following series: Architect (0808), Civil Engineer (0810), Electrical Engineer (0850) or Mechanical Engineer (0830). Selectees may be selected at GS-5 or the GS-7 grade level with promotion potential to the target grade of GS-11.Learn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Who May Apply: US Citizens
RECENT GRADUATES: A person who was awarded or will be awarded by June 30, 2018 a degree by a insitution of higher education not more than two years before the date of appointment. Exception: A person who has completed a period of obligated service in a uniformed service of more than four year must have been awarded or will be awarded by June 30, 2018 a degree by an institution of higher education not more than four years before the date of appointment.
Future graduates please include expected graduation date on Resume
- Assisting professional engineer in the design of new military facilities, civil works infrastructure, and hydropower projects
- Assisting project engineers or resident engineers in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, and directing of construction activities;
- Determining whether items included in the engineering/architectural specifications are clear and materials are readily available in the area;
- Determining whether projects, as defined in the specifications, will be completely functional/operable;
- Observing and investigating construction at all stages to identify problems; and
Occasional travel - Business Travel Conditions up to 15%
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492087500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.