Serve as a Human Resources (HR) Specialist specializing in Recruitment and Placement within the Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration. The HR Specialist is responsible for all recruitment and staffing for Title 38, Hybrid Title 38, and Title 5 occupations for a block of services that include Engineering, Surgery, the Chief of Staff Office and serves as HR Technical Advisor for the Medical Executive Committee (MEC). This position is located at the Bay Pines VA HCS, Bay Pines, FL.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed: May be available
Telework: May be available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment and Placement)/9374
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical advisory services on recruitment and placement actions covered under Title 5, Title 38, and Title 38 Hybrid positions.
- Provide consultative services involving recruitment strategies, incentives, hiring flexibility, competitive and non-competitive appointments,
merit promotion, pay setting, and incentive programs.
- Communicate with managers, supervisors, and staff via in-person, telephonically, via live meetings, email, and MS Lync.
- Research regulation, policy, and procedures to ensure accurate advice is provided.
- Resolve difficult and potentially controversial internal and external staffing and placement issues.
- Mentor junior staff on daily duties and actions.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to junior staff through daily observation and quality control reviews.
- Train junior staff through coaching and formal methods to achieve a high performing team dynamic.
- Identify junior staff deficiencies and corrective strategies.
- Interpret complex Title 5 and Title 38 regulations and guidelines for specific cases and daily operations.
- Perform merit promotion and placement actions involving internal and external recruitment actions.
- Work with managers to develop pre-recruitment activities.
- Utilize automated software in the performance of daily duties, to include USA Staffing and HR Smart.
- Ensure all personnel actions are properly documented to meet legal and regulatory requirements for processing in HR Smart.
- Develop job analysis and dual assessments; review applicant qualification and issue certificates thru USA Staffing.
- Respond to applicant inquiries in a timely manner.
- Serve as the HR Technical Representative to Title 38 and Title 38 Hybrid Professional Standards Boards and facilitate approvals of Board recommendations.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel to Community Based Outpatient Clinics may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492075000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.