About the Position: There is one Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) Director vacancy at each location listed. Pay will be set in accordance with the applicable locality pay table for the location of the position being filled.Learn more about this agency
Fort Campbell lies on the Kentucky/Tennessee border between Hopkinsville, KY & Clarksville, TN about 45 miles NW of Nashville. Clarksville is ranked as the 57th Best Place to Live by Money Magazine, 11th Best City in the U.S. for Public Golf by Golf Digest, and is the state's fifth largest city with a revitalized & thriving riverfront district. Both visitors & residents enjoy the shops & eateries of downtown Clarksville. The cost of living is lower than the average for all major U.S. cities. More information may be found at http://www.campbell.army.mil/.
Fort Leavenworth is located in the Greater Kansas City metropolitan area. The immediate area is considered a national treasure with historic sites and homes filled with small-town charm and friendliness merged with Kansas City retail, attractions and entertainment. For the sports enthusiasts, Kansas City hosts professional sports with the Royals, Chiefs and Sporting Kansas City soccer club. An international airport is conveniently located within a 30 minute drive of Fort Leavenworth. More information may be found at www.visitkc.com or https://garrison.leavenworth.army.mil/.
- Serves as Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) Director within Civilian Human Resources Agency (CHRA) at one of the locations listed.
- Plans and directs the operations within the CPAC which provide civilian personnel services to a large, multi-mission civilian work force.
- Serves as advisor to commanders, managers and senior staff, and provides guidance and assistance to supervisors and employees on all areas of civilian personnel management regulations, policies and laws.
- Advises on recruitment and placement strategies, local training/development needs, labor and management-employee relations, classification and position management, workers compensation and other human resources programs.
- Develops information for and prepares special or recurring reports and studies relating to the total personnel program or specific areas for management use.
- Supervises and coordinates through subordinate supervisors, the work of HR specialists and assistants engaged in ensuring timely and effective HR products to the serviced organizations.
Occasional travel - Business travel is required approximately 20% annually.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492055700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.