As the world's largest finance and accounting firm, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) pays all Department of Defense (DoD) military and civilian personnel, retirees and annuitants, and major DoD contractors and vendors. We take great pride in serving the men and women who serve America, and invite goal-oriented people like you to challenge yourself while providing a service to our nation. Employment with DFAS means access to generous benefits such as: health, vision, and dental insurance, retirement benefits, paid time off, and educational benefits.Learn more about this agency
DFAS is using the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) for DOD Cyber Workforce Positions to recruit and appoint individuals to positions that meet the definition of "cyber workforce" (also known as "cyberspace workforce") as defined in DoDD 8140.01, "Cyberspace Workforce Management," and must be anticipated to become part of the cyber excepted service. Positions in the cyber excepted service are positions necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the United States Cyber Command.
Vacancy Information: Position is located in: Information & Technology Directorate, Infrastructure & Production Support, Security Ops Center, Bratenahl, OH.
Who may apply: United States Citizens
- Administers support of the Organizational Messaging System (OMS), Command and Control Office Information Exchange (C2OIX), DoD Enterprise Email (DEE), and SIPRNET operating over communications networks.
- Operates communications equipment. Identifies and initiates actions to salvage work or complete function. Provides direct customer assistance for communications-related problems/outages associated with the oversight of defense message distribution.
- As an OMS SA, administers and maintains OMS, DEE and related Windows server and PC systems to ensure equipment/systems are fully capable of managing and passing all types of messaging traffic without interfering with the existing site operations.
- Assists in install/maintainance of OMS enterprise components including loading and fine-tuning the operating system and application software, configuring the hardware into the local environment, and integrating the components onto the network.
- Alternate Key Management Infrastructure (KMI) Operating Account Manager (KOAM) , responsible for the receipt and accountability of all equipment assigned.
- Coordinate actions with the Staff CMS Responsibility Officer, the Electronic Key Manager, and other personnel to maintain an accurate inventory of Controlled Cryptographic Items (CCI).
- Responsible for the security and operations of the Security Operations Center Security Operations Center (SOC). Ensures all visitors are logged in and out of the SOC, with proper identification and valid security clearances.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492052200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.