This National Guard position is for a Supervisory IT Specialist (Systems Administration), Position Description Number D1648P01 and is part of the NJ 204th INTEL SQ, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Supervisory IT Specialist (Systems Administration), GS-2210-12, you will:
- Plan, organize, and direct the activities of the organization, ensuring that the advice and assistance provided complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs.
- Assign work to subordinate employees based on organization priorities and consideration of difficulty and requirements of assignments such that the experience, training, and abilities of staff are effectively utilized to meet organization and customer needs.
- Assess and revise policies and procedures as needed to improve quality, timeliness, and efficiency of work
- Exercise supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
- Coordinate with a variety of information technology counterparts and higher-level officials in the local unit as well as the gaining command and other Federal and DoD intelligence organizations.
- Serve as a technical expert and focal point for the installation, configuration and administration of hardware and software on personal computers and servers located in the unit.
- Provide technical assistance and advice on the installation, configuration and operation of the computer systems located in the unit.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492031100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.