Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
This position has been designated as a Key Career Position (KCP). The assignment will not be continuing and has an established tour limitation of 36-60 months as determined by the Career Field Team and Career Field Manager. Employees must sign a Memorandum of Understanding including Selection, Restriction, Outplacement, Tour and Mobility Agreement as a condition of employment.
The primary purpose of this position is to Direct, lead, plan, organize, and manage Cyberspace, Information Technology (IT), and Knowledge Management (KM) programs and activities.
- Leads provision of essential Cyber, IT, and KM services for and directs operational support to a very large organization (typically a host Wing or Installation).
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities at least 25% of the time. Assigns, directs, coordinates, and oversees work of unit personnel through subordinate supervisors.
- Makes periodic, comprehensive assessments and evaluations of program goals/objectives which provide a basic for long and short-range planning to enhance the organization's support capabilities.
- Represents the organization in a variety of installation and functional area activities. Extablishes, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with other organizations, outside agencies and senior leadership.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guidance
- PCS and DNRP expenses will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- For more information on Acq Demo please go to DoD AcqDemo Homepage http://acqdemo.hci.mil/ and Fact Sheet http://acqdemo.hci.mil/faq.html
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance.
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- This is a Testing Designated Position. Incumbent is subject to random urinalysis testing as a condition of employment.
- Mobility is a condition of selection. Candidate must sign an AF mobility agreement.
- Completion of a bachelor or advanced degree in STEM or cyber-related discipline is highly desired.
- Completion of grade-appropriate Professional Military Education is highly desired.
QualificationsSPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must be at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower broadband NH-03, equivalent to the next to lower grade GS-13 or equivalent in the Federal Service. Specialized experience must include experience demonstrating each of the following four competencies: Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving AND experience providing technical leadership and project/program oversight over highly complex cyberspace, information technology (IT), and knowledge management (KM) activities. Examples of this experience: Leads provisions of essential Cyber, IT, and Knowledge Management (KM) services for and directs operational support to a very large organization; Recommends restructuring, reorienting, and/or recasting of immediate and long range goals, objectives, plans and schedules to meet substantial changes in legislation, program authority and/or funding; plans and coordinates all phases of the acquisition, implementation, and integration of Cyber, IT, and KM assets; establishes, revises or reviews policies, procedures, mission objectives, and organizational design; evaluates the impact emerging technology will have on business practices and takes into consideration financial, manpower, and personnel constraints while managing the development of capital investment plans designed to meet changing technology needs in the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1) Examples of this experience: Leads provisions of essential Cyber, IT, and Knowledge Management (KM) services for and directs operational support to a very large organization; Recommends restructuring, reorienting, and/or recasting of immediate and long range goals, objectives, plans and schedules to meet substantial changes in legislation, program authority and/or funding; plans and coordinates all phases of the acquisition, implementation, and integration of Cyber, IT, and KM assets; establishes, revises or reviews policies, procedures, mission objectives, and organizational design; evaluates the impact emerging technology will have on business practices and takes into consideration financial, manpower, and personnel constraints while managing the development of capital investment plans designed to meet changing technology needs in the organization.
2) Skill in conducting substantial coordination among a variety of organizations and high-level managers to identify and integrate internal and external program issues affecting the organization or agency, such as integrating IT programs with other programs of equivalent scope and complexity as well as those involving other technical, financial, organizational, and administrative factors. Ability to collaborate at appropriate levels with organizations both inside and outside AFMC, the Air Force, DoD and its agencies, and the Federal Government.
3) Knowledge of personnel management, EEO, and safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures. Skill in planning, organizing, and directing the functions (as well as mentoring, motivating, and appraising the staff) of an organization through subordinate supervisors. Ability to develop, implement, evaluate, and improve processes and procedures to monitor the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of the organization.
4) Knowledge of DoD financial planning and programming processes, Federal budget cycles, project/program management, acquisition planning, and contracting methodologies sufficient to identify and defend requirements, integrate activities, and lead teams to meet cyberspace, IT, and KM mission requirements throughout the command and in inter-agency environments. Ability to analyze, plan, and adjust work operations of multiple organizational segments to meet program requirements, goals, and objectives within available resources.
5) Knowledge of current and new cyber/IT systems architectures, life-cycle processes, integration and interoperability, design operations and configuration, facilities, practices and methodology across the Government, private industry, and academia. Ability to advise other IT experts throughout the agency or in other agencies on a variety of situations and issues that involve applying or adapting new theories, concepts, principles, standards, methods, or practices, that are developed by the employee or result from the employee's leadership.
6) Skill and ability to speak and write effectively, to address highly complex technical and controversial issues (frequently in terms understandable to non-technical personnel), serve as senior consultant to agency management officials, prepare and give briefings, chair meetings, lead task forces, and prepare reports and statements for senior military (General Officer/SES), government, and private sector management officials.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities (click "Learn more about this agency" button above) to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - must contain the university logo (can be a copy)
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214 which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 03/08/2018
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10143693
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10143693
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
20 Schilling Cir
Hanscom AFB, MA 01731
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application.Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492030400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.