DFAS' mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas. For more information, visit www.dfas.mil.Learn more about this agency
Who may apply: Current or Former Permanent Federal Employees, 30% or More Disabled Veterans, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) eligibles, Schedule A eligibles, Military Spouses Preference eligibles in the local area, Peace Corps eligibles, Family Member Preference for Overseas employment eligibles in the local area, and other individuals eligible under Special Appointment Authorities
The following link will help you determine if you meet the eligibility to apply for this position:
PLEASE NOTE: You will be considered only for those appointment eligibilities for which you select, attach supporting documentation and are found eligible.
This position may be filled at either location. The General Schedule (GS) basic pay schedule may vary by geographic locality. To view pay rates in a specific location visit the Office of Personnel Management pay tables athttp://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/
- The purpose of this position is to serve as a Cybersecurity Assessor for Defense Finance and Accounting Service.
- Serves as a technical authority and focal point for Cybersecurity policies and procedures, including hardware and software (both applications and systems).
- Develops, plans and implements DFAS Cybersecurity for the DFAS Authorizing Official.
- Ensures that the Automated Information System (AIS) is operated, maintained and disposed of in accordance with applicable policies and practices, to include overseeing assessment and authorization of systems.
- Guides security requirements in the implementation of new systems and major systems revisions.
- Analyzes proposals for current and future applications, and prepares IA recommendations to management.
- Performs studies to monitor and improve or enhance AIS security-related projects.
- Briefs management on strategies to be used to exploit and implement new developments and advanced techniques.
Occasional travel - Seldom 1-24%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492029400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.