As a Contract Specialist, you will perform the duties of acquisition workforce training and development coordinator with responsibility to recruit, train, and develop a strong acquisition workforce dedicated to providing world-class acquisition services.
Location of Position:
Office of Travel, Transportation, and Logistics
Office of Acquisition Operations
The Office of Acquisition Operations is responsible for initiating, developing, recommending, coordinating, and implementing contracting and procurement policies associated with the full-range of services.
GSA has been repeatedly named as one of the 'Best Places to Work' in the Federal Government'. LEARN MORE about why you should choose GSA.
You will have access to many benefits including:
- Health insurance (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options
- Sick leave and vacation time, including 10 paid holidays per year
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
- Flexible spending accounts
- Long-term care insurance
Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area.
This position may be virtual
Learn more about this agency
You will be responsible for:
- Providing expert policy advice on contracting policy and approaches.
- Coordinating with business line and program managers to implement training strategies to ensure the organization's talent pool is capable to effectively and efficiently address the changing contracting requirements of its client agencies.
- Managing FAC and warrant programs for the office.
- Developing communications, media presentations, and training materials on a variety of acquisition topics.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel maybe required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- Current Federal Employees
- Former Federal Employees
- 30% Disabled
- Individuals with Disabilities
- Military Spouses
- Former Overseas Employees
- Peace Corps/AmeriCorps/Vista
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492004000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.