The Information Technology Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing IT support for the district court, including judges, chambers staff, and the Clerk's Office. The Information Technology Manager reports directly to the Chief Deputy and is responsible for managing, developing, and mentoring the IT staff along with overseeing all aspects of the Information Technology department including operation, coordination, and integration of all Judiciary and local applications. The Information Technology Manager ensures compliance with the appropriate guidelines, policies, and approved internal controls and performs professional and managerial work related to supervision and oversight of systems management and systems support. Travel to other divisional offices and out-of-district locations may be required. The Information Technology Manager oversees a staff of seven (7) professionals.Learn more about this agency
- Manages, develops, and mentors a staff of professionals involved in information technology activities, including establishing standards, assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance, and handling disciplinary actions. Oversees the daily operation of the department to include analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, and setting deadlines. Conducts staff meetings and communicates operational status and relevant information to staff. Performs quality checks and approves the efficiency and effectiveness of all systems and programs prior to implementation.
- Oversees the administration and support of technology, court applications (CM/ECF, JIFMS, JICS,JMS), including network devices (WAN and LAN), servers (VMware, Windows, Linux), remote access, desktop computers and applications, websites, courtroom technology, audio-video systems, telephones, mobile devices, all other IT hardware and software, and any new emerging technologies.
- Plans, manages and coordinates the IT budget, expenditures, property and equipment procurement in consultation with senior management. Develops an annual spending plan consistent with the short and long range goals to meet the Court's needs within the annual budget.
- Allocates resources to support the cyclical replacement and maintenance of all systems.
- Maintains oversight of unit's equipment and property inventory.
- Develops and implements both short and long range technology improvement plans which include consideration of unit needs, objectives, capabilities, emerging technologies and national initiatives to advance the Court's IT systems, operations, network, and database.
- Develops, maintains and enhances local applications to satisfy the Court's needs. Reviews all modifications prior to review by senior management.
- Ensures physical and logical security and integrity of hardware, software, servers, and databases to include user access, backup storage, network safety, and data security procedures.
- Manages the information technology portion of the Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) and ensures annual testing and plan updates.
- Oversees and exercises close control over maintenance contracts, and software license management to maintain current records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Travel to other divisional offices and out-of-district locations may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491980300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.