AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Current permanent Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Office of Audit (OA) employees nationwide.Learn more about this agency
Applications for noncompetitive consideration will be accepted from SSA employees in the area of consideration who are currently serving under the following types of appointments: Schedule A, Reg. 213.3102 (U) appointments for individuals with disabilities; and time limited appointments for veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. Applicants serving under these provisions do not need to submit copies of your disability or Veteran's documentation. However, you must submit a current SF-50 that provides information on the appointment authority under which you were hired. Otherwise, you will not receive non-competitive consideration.
NOTE: Excepted service employees serving under Schedule A appointments for Attorney positions or Pathways Programs appointments (Presidential Management Fellows, Recent Graduates, and Interns) are not eligible for consideration.
LOCATION: Selected candidates will remain at current duty station.
TOUR OF DUTY: Flextime | Full-time | Alternate work schedules may be available | Incumbent may be required to travel.
TYPE OF POSITION: Permanent
The position description number for this position is 7C1030. A summary of the major duties are listed below. You may also view the full position description on the Agency intranet at the following link: PD Search
The incumbent serves as a Senior Auditor in the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Office of Audit (OA).
- Identifies existing data resources, coordinates research areas and reviews relevant legislation, regulations, SSA policies and other internal and external reports to accomplish project objectives.
- Develops comprehensive plans to accomplish complex and sensitive projects in accordance with applicable standards, policies and procedures. Sets standards for the completion of projects, such as staff days of effort required and the scope and depth of research and analysis to be performed.
- Modifies work plans by changing areas of emphasis and devises new approaches as determined by the analysis of preliminary findings.
- Communicates project objectives and work plans to project team members and OIG executives at team meetings; and to Agency staff at entrance conferences.
- Coaches and mentors team members on assigned projects, providing leadership, advice, guidance, and counsel to staff concerning audit/evaluation techniques and procedures.
- Performs projects in accordance with the work plans and applicable standards. Interviews others to gather information necessary to accomplish objectives.
- Analyzes information gathered to evaluate compliance with program regulations, policies and procedures, to evaluate accomplishment of program goals and to assess the economy and efficiency of operations. Formulates findings by identifying the cause(s) of conditions and developing recommendations to address them.
- Prepares written reports, memos and other documents to summarize the results of reviews and to present recommendations. Develops special reports as projects progress when significant issues are identified that require immediate corrective action.
- Presents the results of projects and addresses questions or concerns during team meetings and briefings with OIG executives and during exit conferences with SSA staff.
- Identifies problem areas and researches, gathers and analyzes information that results in new project proposals.
- Reviews work completed by team members to ensure that instructions, priorities, deadlines, and quality standards are met.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491900100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.