Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the BLM, please visit Our website
The Bureau of Land Management has determinded that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval. The telework schedule will be negotiable, along with the duty location.
- The incumbent is responsible for managing the operational end of desktop service delivery including delivery and monitoring of all services and proactive mitigation of service degradation.
- Establishes and maintains business relationships with BLM employees, supervisors and managers to ensure customer needs for IT services are met; that IT service expectations are managed and acts as a liaison between IT customers and customer management and other IT operational entities.
- Analyzes IT project (user) requirements, translating them into specifications for software and hardware procurement.
- Provides input to the preparation of budget packages, procurement documents, and short and long range program planning documents, and is responsible for assuring that all allocated and programmed funds for the IT infrastructure are properly utilized.
- Responsible for technical and administrative supervision and direction to a staff composed of varied technical and administrative positions. Provides leadership, guidance, direction, and advice.
- Exercises the following supervisory authorities and responsibilities: plans and assigns work to be accomplished by subordinates; gives advice, counsel and instruction on administrative matters; interviews candidates for positions; recommends appointments, promotions, and/or reassignments; hears and resolves employee complaints; refers group grievances and more serious unresolved complaints to higher level managers; effects minor disciplinary measures; identifies training needs; improves productivity; increase work quality; develops performance standards; and evaluates work performance.
Occasional travel - Three to five nights a month.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All current BLM internal employees/Agency employees only with competitive eligibility.
CTAP Candidates - Local Commuting area only.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491894800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.