About the Position: Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.Learn more about this agency
Come live and work at Camp Zama, Japan, a multiple Army Community of Excellence Award winner! Camp Zama is a small community about 25 miles Southwest of Tokyo and boasts superb MWR and ITT facilities that provide a myriad of recreational activities. When you're ready to venture off post, Japan's elaborate train systems provide fast, convenient access to numerous cultural and sightseeing destinations.
For more information, visit: http://www.usarj.army.mil.
- Responsible for the overall management, control, coordination and execution of assigned engineering projects in his/her area.
- As the Design Manager, implements corporate decisions, guidance, laws, regulations, and policy in the development of design products in support of specific programs.
- Establishes methods, procedures and records necessary to carry out assigned functions and to ensure efficient operations.
- Manages contracts for Architect and Engineering (AE) support services on a project basis.
- Acts as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR), serves as a member on A-E Selection Boards and as a technical member on the Project Delivery Team (PDT).
- Establishes project scope and criteria, schedules and milestones, budgets, assumptions and risks, contingencies, and performance measurement criteria.
- Provides professional engineering expertise, technical advice on criteria, concepts and standards for the preparation of design documents and specifications.
- Maintains awareness of current advances in design and technology.
- Performs technical review of designs, studies, reports, etc. to ensure compliance with applicable criteria and application of sound engineering principles.
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is approximately 10%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491876100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.