This is a three-year, Career Development program for entry level Acquisition Managers designed to prepare selectees for full professional performance.Learn more about this agency
At the Missile Defense Agency, you will have a rare opportunity to be a part of the greatest technological achievements of our time. Our Career Development/Training Program covers three years of increasing knowledge and commensurate responsibilities. You will be part of a team whose mission is to protect our nation and defend our freedom. You will also be building a career that makes a difference, and collaborating on projects you simply won't find anywhere else. It's your chance to use your special talents to personally contribute to a safer future for America and the entire free world.
This dynamic three-year formal training program includes rotational assignments which will enable you to work on various aspects of the missile defense system; attend classroom and web-based training; participate in formal mentoring; and be a part of group experiences with other developmental program participants. There will be annual promotion opportunities based upon meeting time-in-grade requirements, successful performance, successful completion of required training, and supervisory approval. This is your opportunity to begin a successful civilian career with the Missile Defense Agency.
This position is being filled under the Acquisition Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) using the Direct Hire Authority.
These positions are located in the Missile Defense Agency:
Director for Acquisition (DAA) - Redstone Arsenal, AL
These position are GS-7/9 target GS-11, but will be filled at the GS-07/01 ($42,483) or GS-09/01 ($51,966) levels only; salary is non-negotiable. Please apply to each grade and location for which you wish to be considered. You will only be considered for the grade(s) and location(s) your select and for which you meet minimum requirements. Incumbent will serve in the Career Development Program for 3 years. If you are approved for promotion to the GS-11 level, this position will be converted to an NH-II under the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo).
For more information, go to http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/ops/acqdemo.html. Non-competitive promotion is not guaranteed nor implied.
As an Acquisition Manager you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist senior Acquisition Managers with assignments related to program cost, schedule and performance across the Ballistic Missile Defense Systems.
- Implements operating concepts and policies, methodologies and techniques to manage and eliminate
risk within missile defense programs.
- Prepares management reviews, decision papers and briefing materials related to acquisition policy, planning and assessment across the Ballistic Missile Defense System . This will require comparison of actual program developments against approved plans and baselines to identify potential/actual issues.
- Compares actual program developments against approved plans and baselines to identify potential/actual program issues.
- Make recommendations for remedial and preventive actions to mitigate risk to keep programs on or ahead of schedule.
- Assists leadership in coordinating and identifying near-term and long-term program requirements to ensure that BMDS Sensors, Weapon systems and/ or Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) systems meet mission objectives.
- Works to ensure that acquisition programs are capabilities driven, employ spiral developmental processes and deliver expected performance within cost and schedule, at reasonable risk.
- These duties are described at the full performance level GS-11. The GS-07/09 is developmental leading to such performance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491837600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.