About the Position: Defense Contract Management Agency uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified individuals directly into shortage category or critical need acquisition positions.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
- All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
- Monitors contractor performance for compliance with applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, contract data reporting requirements, and other contractual requirements.
- Resolves delivery schedule problems with contractor and buying activity, and negotiates delivery schedule changes.
- Negotiates with contractors for consideration when delinquencies occur.
- Receives requests from procuring activities for specific services and/or products specified under BOAs, or by provisioning and spare parts clauses of contracts. Reviews requests and meets with the contractor to assure understanding of the requirements.
- Negotiates directly with the contractor regarding final price agreement and prepares supplemental agreement for the contracting officer's signature
- Performs final closeout of assigned contracts; e.g., assures delivery, inspection and acceptance of contractual end items and that all administrative and reporting actions have been resolved before recommending final closeout of the contract. Works to resolve disposition of funds listed on the canceling funds report
- Broad knowledge of acquisition management, Government contracting laws and regulations. Contractor performance, estimated costs, pricing systems, financial policies, and cost control procedures are monitored, analyzed, and evaluated in accordance with financial and contract administration requirements
50% or less - Business travel 40% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491821000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.