Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Serves as a Senior Contract Specialist and Contracting Officer Representative (COR) engaged in supporting analyses focused on one or more of the following areas: acquisition costing of weapon systems and information systems, operating and support costs, installation costs, cost management and/or performance metrics. Working under direction of the Installation & Personnel Costing Division Chief, incumbent is responsible for implementation and oversight of the contracting program of the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Cost & Economics.
The duty location for this position will be split between Fort Belvoir, VA and the Pentagon, Arlington, VA.
This is an obligated position.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 10-Point Other Veterans? Rating
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- 5-Point Veterans' Preference
- Current Civilian Employees of the Organization
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Disabled Veteran w/ a Service-Connected Disability, More than 10%, Less than 30%
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Performs procurement planning.
- Serves as contract specialist responsible for pre-award and post-award functions.
- Develops procurement objectives for the program in terms of competition and price range.
- Develops the independent government cost estimate (IGCE) for each contract and/or task order.
- Performs contract administration.
- Serves as advisor to organization in contract administration phase in order to promote adherence to acquisition regulations.
- Performs Contracting Management Oversight.
- Prepares and supports development of contract budgetary requests, to include POM, Presidents Budget, end-of-year unfunded requirements, etc.
Occasional travel - Business Travel is required 5% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491802700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.