This position serves as the quality system expert for the analysis of programs, operations and processes in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA), Office of Human and Animal Food Operations (OHAFO) - East. Duty station will be determined upon selection.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy is open to current permanent employees of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) only. Current FDA employees serving under a Schedule A appointment are eligible for consideration. Title 42 employees not eligible for reinstatement will not be considered.
FDA Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
You must verify that you are a current FDA employee or Commissioned Officer, therefore, your must submit your most recent SF-50 or PHS Orders.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- Provides policy guidance and advisory assistance to Office managers in the development of strategies for applying quality management to core program areas.
- Participates in the development and implementation of HQ program goals and objectives to determine and evaluate the sequence and timing of key program events and milestones and methods of evaluating the worth of program accomplishments.
- Collaborates with OQMS (Office?s Quality Management System) in the development of QMS (Quality Management System) Programs and implementation of ORA integrated quality management system.
- Develops reporting procedures, sampling techniques, and measurements to identify problem areas or inherent weaknesses in work processes, procedures, information systems and content.
- Develops indicators to provide objective evidence of the effectiveness of quality procedures and controls. Facilitates the process of identifying Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for work processes managed by the Office.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491736200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.