This National Guard position is for a Surface Maintenance Repairer, Position Description Number D1193000 and is part of the NJ CSMS 1, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Surface Maintenance Repairer, WG-5801-08 you will:
- Perform limited diagnosis, routine repairs and maintenance on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical, and automotive vehicles.
- Perform limited diagnoses to determine the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks.
- Independently perform routine repairs and maintenance functions in remote locations.
- Conduct limited readiness and repair inspections on vehicles and associated equipment supported by the activity.
- May maintain supply documents, receipts, and inventory.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491571500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.